Call Toll-Free 1-866-498-9316
JCB 457 Wheel Loader
The JCB 457 HT wheel loader is the model of efficiency. Designed to maximize productivity, the 457 is easy to maintain and extremely durable. With a combination of comfort, safety and serviceability features, you may find the 457 to be the perfect all-round machine.
For 2012, the JCB 457—the flagship of JCB’s Wheel Loader lineup—sees a significant boost in horsepower, up 16% to 250 HP and an impressive gain of 18% in torque to 800 lb.ft. When full power isn’t really necessary, the 457 can operate in ECO mode, reducing engine output and fuel consumption.
The Tier 4-Interim engine, drive-train enhancements, and operator-station refinement make the 457 a top choice. Choose Z-bar or parallel loader linkage as needed. JCB’s quick-hitch coupler system accommodates existing buckets and attachments.
Features (Just a few!)
- 8.9 litre 6 cylinder Cummins QSL engine (Stage 3b/Tier 4 compliant)
- 16% more power (186 kW) and 18% more torque (800 lb.ft.) than the previous 456 model
- 4-speed ZF fully automatic PowerShift transmission
- Electronic management system reduces service brake wear and fuel consumption
- Intelligent clutch cut-off feature for maximum hydraulic performance
- Variable displacement pumps consume power only on demand
- Automatic idle shutdown
- Load-sensing hydraulics
- Three axle options: open differentials, limited slip differentials and automatic locking differentials
- Choice of loader controls: multi lever, joystick, proportional auxiliary controls
- Large diameter loader and articulation pins and bushes with added seals to keep dirt out
- Rear chassis revisions provide increased lift capacity
- Positively pressurized cabin keeps dust out
- Large 4-piece laminated front windshield for excellent all-around visibility
- SmoothRide suspension reduces shock loadings and aids material retention
- Spacious cab, isolator mounted for quietness
- Integrated ROPS/FOPS protection
- Analogue dials AND full-color LCD display
- Automatic temperature control option
- Heated exterior mirrors
- GullWing doors for easy access to the engine and cooling areas
Updated Information and Features
Information is current as of July 2012. Features change and improvements are made over time.
Learn more about JCB here.